As preparation for running Rapid Install, you must run a Perl script that creates the install directory and copies the contents of the Release 12 software bundle to the appropriate location in the file system.
Your installation software comes in DVD format. The individual disks included in the
Release 11i and 12i software bundle are labeled as follows:
• Start Here - Disk 1
• APPL_TOP - Disk n
• RDBMS - Disk n
• Tools - Disk n
• Databases - Disk n
Creating the Stage Area Directory
To create the stage area directory, run the adautostg.pl script. If the script cannot
create the directories, or if there are other system parameters that require modification,
it prompts you to amend the parameters. You must fix any problems before you
continue with the setup process.
Follow these steps to set up a stage area installation:
1. Log in as the operating system user with sufficient privileges to mount, unmount, and eject the DVD. This user must also have write privileges to the stage area that
you set up.
2. Insert the Start Here disk in the DVD-ROM drive.
3. Mount the DVD (conditional).
If your system runs on a UNIX platform, and if you do not use AutoMount, you
must mount the Start Here disk now.
4. Verify software version (perl).
You must have perl 5.0053 or higher installed, and it must be in your PATH.
If perl is not installed, you may download it from http://www.perl.com.
5. On UNIX, set the environment variable DISPLAY to an active and authorized
6. Run the adautostg.pl script.
$ perl /mnt/cdrom/Disk1/rapidwiz/adautostg.pl
The stage script message informs you that you may either stage all the Rapid Install components, or selected components only.
7. Set up the stage area directory.
At the prompt for the stage directory, enter the name of the system top-level
Directory. The Rapid wizard stage12 directory will be created in this path. For
Example, if you enter /u05 as the top-level directory, the resulting directory path
will be /u05/stage12.
8. Indicate the components to be staged.
The script prompts you to choose the components that you want to stage:
1. Oracle Applications
2. Oracle Database technology stack (RDBMS)
3. Oracle Applications database (Databases)
4. Oracle Applications technology stack (Tools)
Enter one or more components, separating each one with a space. You can indicate
that you want to stage only the database technology stack, only the APPL_TOP, and
If you choose 1 (the default), all the main components will be staged.
9. Insert the Rapid Install DVD.
Insert the relevant DVD, as required in the prompt. The system message lists the
files it has copied and their location in the stage area directory.
Stage Area Directory Structure
The stage area created by adautostg.pl looks like this: a top-level directory Stage12, with subdirectories startCD, oraApps, oraDB, oraAS, and oraAppDB.
Starting Rapid Install
Once the stage directory is created, start Rapid Install as described in the following section.
$ cd /u05/Stage12/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz